- There are many businesses in Lochcarron and the surrounding area providing the following types of accommodation - simply follow the links for more information:-
- Bank of Scotland branch office at the far west end of the Main Street in Lochcarron. This is normally open for 2days every week on Tuesday and Friday.
- The Bank of Scotland has an external Cashpoint machine.
- An RBS mobile bank also visits the village on Tuesday afternoons.
- Lloyd Parsons - Tel. 01520 722 259
- Fire and Ambulance services have bases in Lochcarron.
- The nearest manned police station is at Kyle of Lochalsh.
- In an emergency dial 999.
- For non-urgent police matters, call 01599 534 222 or 101
- Spar Shop and Lochcarron Garage Shop, both in the Main Street of Lochcarron.
- Following a recent community buy-out, there is now a filling station at Applecross. This is an unmanned card-operated service, available 24 hours.
General Information about Lochcarron
Hans Zell has for many years maintained a website that gives detailed information about Lochcarron. A link to this valuable resource is included here.
Hotels, Pubs, Restaurants
- Within Lochcarron village, there is 1 hotel which is open to non-residents and has a lounge bar and restaurant.
- In the Main Street there are also 2 licensed restaurants and a cafe.
- Other hotels and restaurants are to be found in the near vicinity of Lochcarron as well as in surrounding villages such as Kishorn, Applecross, Shieldaig and Strathcarron.
- The Ferguson Medical Centre is located just off Church Street, Lochcarron, adjacent to the Howard Doris Centre.
- Telephone numbers:-
- Appointments: 01520 722 215
- Repeat Prescriptions: 01520 722 661
- There is a post office in the Lochcarron area at:-
- the Spar Shop, Main Street, Lochcarron. Early closing on Wednesdays
- There are 3 garages in Lochcarron providing facilities for repairs, servicing and MOT.
Tourist Information Centre (iGallery)
- It is located at The Smithy Hub, Ribhuachan, Strathcarron IV54 8YS
- Opening hours are 10:00 to 16:30 Monday to Saturday, closed Sunday.
- Tel: 0152 722952
- E. Mail - email@example.com
- Fraser & Fraser, Church Street, Dingwall - Tel. 01349 863117
- A surgery is held in the small hall of Lochcarron village hall on the second and last Monday of each month.