Description of Business (for website): Slumbay House is a modern, architect-designed, four-bedroom house overlooking Loch Carron on the west coast of Scotland. The house offers self-catering accommodation for up to seven people and is generally available for rent for full weeks only, Saturdays to Saturdays. However, depending on availability, we sometimes accept part-week bookings.
Additional Information: The house has a large open-plan combined living, dining and kitchen area, with oak flooring and a wood-burning stove for those long cosy evenings. General heating is, however, provided very efficiently via an underfloor system in the ground floor open-plan area and two principal double bedrooms, and via conventional radiators in the upstairs bedrooms.
The two principal bedrooms on the ground floor boast en-suite bathrooms and a third bathroom on the upper floor is intended to serve the final double bedroom and the single bedroom. There is also a small cloakroom and toilet off the entrance hallway.
A large deck exists at the rear of the house overlooking the sea with a stunning view encompassing Slumbay Island and much of Loch Carron and patio furniture is available.
The following amenities are provided for the convenience of guests:
- Welcome Pack including some tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits and a bottle of some rather nice red wine.
- Ecover cleaning products (dishwasher tablets, washing powder, washing up liquid, hob cleaner, general purpose cleaner).
- Bed linen (including spares).
- Dishcloths & tea towels.
- Initial set of toiletries (soaps, body wash, shampoo & conditioner) and a reasonable supply of toilet rolls.
- Towels (not for use outside Slumbay House - customers should bring their own beach towels if necessary).
- Firewood (including firelighters & kindling).
- Salt and pepper.
- Filters for coffee percolator.