Our Featured Artist for June is Jonathan Shearer who isknown to many of you as a frequent tutor for our Gallery 'plein air' workshops. He lives in Alness in Easter Ross and has a studio base there and in Cromarty Arts Centre. Jonathan graduated BA(Hons) Painting & Drawing from the School of Art ,Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen in 1993.
Jonathan's work focuses on many of Scotland's wild landscapes. He visits and revisits particular places many times, where he walks, draws and paints out in the wilds. He works repeatedly in these places to forge a deep and intimate connection with them.
He has given us some breathtaking pictures which are of a few of his chosen wild places – Torridon, Assynt and Balnakeil (all, incidentally, on the North Coast 500 Route) as well as Ardtoe in Ardnamurchan, and Glen Nevis.
Our other Gallery highlights this coming month are
- more jewellery from award-winning jeweller, Eleanor Symms
- re-stocked with Greg Dobson's popular metal fish and stags
- Gallery mugs with three new designs
- larger range of clothes from Jackie's Marigold Clothing
- new work from artist Rhona Anderson, who is also now helping us to staff the Gallery
- and lots of work from us and our regular exhibitors.
We hope to see you in June. And please tell your friends too!
from Aileen, Cindie and Mairi.